The 2022 Mercedes Benz C-Class has been launched in India at the starting price of Rs 55 lakhs ex-showroom. It is the fifth generation of the C-Class with the previous generations selling over 37,000 units combined in the last 21 years of the sale in the country.
The 2022 Mercedes C-Class is offered in three variants – C200, C200D, and C300D. It is available in 6 color options – Salatine Grey, Mojave Silver, High-Tech Silver, Manufaktur Opalite White, Cavansite Blue, and Obsidian Black. Amongst all the color options the C300D will only be available in Manufaktur Opalite White, Cavansite Blue, and Obsidian Black color options.
Also see |
See the 10 new updates that you get in the 2022 Mercedes Benz C-Class.
- Design: The design of the 2022 Mercedes C-Class is inspired by the S-Class and recently facelifted E-Class.
- new C-Class is 65 mm longer than its previous version with the wheelbase also higher by 25 mm. There’s also 21 mm additional space in the cabin.
- The 2022 C-Class gets a revised grille, shorter overhangs, sleeker LED headlamps with integrated LED DRL’s, and new split LED tail-lamps
- There are also what Mercedes calls ‘power bulges’ on the hood.
- The car runs on 19-inch alloy wheels and the blackened B-pillars and OVRMs complete the look on the side.
- It gets the new-age technology throughout including the 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster and the 11.9-inch infotainment touchscreen which is used in the S-Class.
- The infotainment functions of the car can now also be operated by touch-sensitive pads given on the steering wheel.
- there’s also a biometric fingerprint scanner that could store data about 3 individuals for a customized experience
- The 2022 C-Class also gets ‘Hey Mercedes’ Connected car technology which can operate most of the functions of the car.
- It also gets other features like a sunroof, wireless charging, a heated steering wheel, and Nappa leather upholstery.
Also see |
The Luxurious sedan is available with Macchiato Beige, Sienna Brown, and Black which can be matched with either pored wood trim and aluminum inserts, or a metal weave trim.
Talking about the engine specs, then The 2022 Mercedes C200 is powered by the 1.5-liter 4-cylinder petrol engine that produces a max power of 201 hp and a max torque of 300 Nm.
The C200D and C300D are powered by the familiar 2.0 liter 4 cylinder diesel engine but their power figures are different from each other.
The C200D generates max power of 197 Hp and a max torque of 440 Nm while the C300D generates a max power of 261 Hp and a peak torque of 550 Nm. Both the engines are aided by mild-hybrid tech enabling an additional boost of 20 HP and 200 Nm when required.
Both the engines are mated to a 9-speed automatic transmission.
The 2022 Mercedes Benz C-Class C200 and C200D can accelerate from 0 to 100 kmph in 7.3 seconds whereas the top of the line C300D can do 0-100 kmph in just 5.7 seconds.
The Mercedes C200, C200D, and C300D can give an approximate mileage of 16.9 kmpl, 23 kmpl, and 20.37 kmpl respectively.
The 2022 Mercedes Benz C-class is competing with the likes of Volvo S60, Audi A4, BMW 3-series, and Jaguar XE.
The price list of the 2022 Mercedes Benz S-Class is given below.
|C200||Rs 55 Lakh|
|C200D||Rs 56 Lakh|
|C300D||Rs 61 Lakh|
Also see |