HSRP number plates became mandatory in Delhi, UP, and Haryana from April 2019, and in coming years it will be mandatory in all the states of India. All the new vehicles sold in India come with HSRP number plates but what about the old vehicles which were registered before April 2019?
The owners of old vehicles which were registered before April 2019 must get the HSRP number plate otherwise they will have to pay a heavy fine for that.
In this article, we are going to show you the step-by-step guide to order HSRP number plates for old vehicles online.
What is HSRP number plate?
The term HSRP refers to the High-security registration plate which was introduced by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highway in 2001. The HSRP Plate is made of 1mm special aluminum which is laminated by the white or yellow reflective sheets.
Features of HSRP number plate.
The high-security registration plate is made of 1mm special aluminum which makes it more durable and this number plate also refers to an anti-theft number plate because of its locking mechanism which makes it permanently stick to the vehicle.
The HSRP plate has a chromium-based hologram, hot-stamped alpha numeral with retro Reflective sheet, and a laser-etched PIN (laser code).
Benefits of HSRP number plates
- Availability of vehicle registration data will become easy to Enforcement Agencies, which will be helpful in the management of traffic.
- These plates are tamper-proof.
- Helpful for tracking vehicles in case the vehicle got stolen.
How to order HSRP number plates online for old vehicles.
To order the HSRP (high security registration plate) number plate for old vehicles registered before april 2019, follow these steps.
- Step1 – First visit the official website – bookmyhsrp.com for ordering HSRP number plates.
- Step 2 – Click on the number plate on the left side.
- Step 3 – Fill the form.
- Step 4 – Enter only the last 5 digits of the chassis number and engie number in their respective text box.
- Step 5 – Select the fitment location and appointment slot.
- Step 6 – Check the booking summary and verify the details then make the payment.
- Step 7 – Download Receipt
Now you are done with booking your HSRP number plate for your vehicle and it will be delivered to your address.
Fees/charges for HSRP number plate
The central government has not fixed the charges for HSRP number plates because the government has not made it compulsory in all the states. only a few states have made HSRP number plates mandatory for old and new vehicles.
- HSRP number plate charges for two-wheelers are Rs 400/-
- HSRP number plate charges for four-wheelers are Rs 1100/-
- HSRP number plate charges for four-wheelers are totally dependent upon the category of four-wheelers.
Fine for not getting HSRP number plate
If you are living in Uttar Pradesh and Delhi, then you must have an HSRP number plate on your vehicle and if you don’t have an HSRP number plate then you may be fined Rs 5000 to Rs 10000.
HSRP number plate FAQ
The term HSRP refers to a High-security registration plate.
Yes, you can register HSRP number plate offline but it depends on which state you reside in.
The HSRP number plate registration fee for two-wheeler is Rs 400 and Rs 1100 for four-wheelers (charges for four-wheeler is depends upon the category of the vehicle)
No, all the new vehicle sold in India comes with HSRP number plate.
As of now, the HSRP number plate is mandatory in some states of India and soon it will be mandatory in all states of India. If you are living in Delhi and UP then you must have to order a new HSRP number plate if you have a vehicle registered before April 2019.
Follow the steps given in the article to order HSRP number plate for your old vehicle.
Yes, If an HSRP place has been damaged it can be replaced.